Return to Play Guidelines
Due to the increase in COVID-19 cases as well as current government recommendations, all club activities have been canceled for the week of Jun 29 – July 5.
New Players Only:
Player Placement & Tryouts
Visit our Player Placement & Tryout Page for more details here.
Current / Returning RISE Players:
On-field training sessions began the week of June 1 with limited contact.
Practice schedules are subject to change. More details and information will be provided by your Head Coach and/or Director as needed.
All players must complete and submit the COVID-19 waiver before returning to the fields.
RISE will resume normal on-field activities as soon as it is safely possible. We will strictly adhere to local government and the CDC’s guidance. When we return to on-field activities, please prepare to implement the following return-to-play protocols set by the club, our governing leagues and organizations, along with local health professionals, infectious disease specialists, and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). These return-to-play guidelines will be followed for any club activity to be considered a sanctioned activity until further notice.
Any returning players not wishing to take part in any training sessions, player placement, or evaluations due to COVID-19 or related reasons may opt out. Returning to on-field activities is optional for all players. Team placement for the 2020-21 season will not be affected by missing or opting out of on-field sessions. Players will have opportunities to be evaluated throughout the season as we phase in our return to the fields.
Any new players interested in RISE, but not wishing to take part in any sessions, player placement events, or evaluations may instead submit a Virtual ID Session for the RISE SC coaching staff to review. A coach will be in contact with you after your submission to schedule an agreed upon date and time for your participation in a team training session in the near future.
If you are not ready to return, please contact your Head Coach and/or Director and make plans to return to an on-field session at a later date.
Please be aware that participation in youth sport activities increases the risk of transmitting or spreading any illness for 14 days after participating in a sport event or practice.
All RISE staff members are required to undergo daily health screenings.
Click here to view the Youth Sports Families Minimum Standard Health Protocols provided by the State of Texas.
Not Ready to Return? Please contact your Head Coach and/or Director and let them know you are not ready to return and make plans to return to an on-field session at a later date.
BEFORE TRAINING & GAMES
- Complete the mandatory waiver prior to your return. Click here for the waiver.
- Please read and understand the possible Symptoms of Coronavirus
- Parents are responsible for making sure that their children are not showing any COVID-19 symptoms before attending any RISE activity. Parents should check each player’s temperature prior to leaving home for the fields.
- Any coach, player, parent, referee and or spectator who is sick, has a persistent cough, is running a temperature, or is displaying any symptoms suggesting that the individual may be ill (from any contagious malady, including cold, flu, or suspected coronavirus) will be prohibited from attending tryouts, training, or games.
- Any coach, player, parent, referee, spectator, or their household members that are exposed to COVID-19 or has potential symptoms MUST report this to the RISE administration, who will work to establish the individualized return-to-play plan for the affected parties.
- Restroom and facility access varies upon training location. Please use the restroom at home and plan accordingly. Facilities that are accessible during on-field activities will be cleaned and disinfected.
- Make sure you have read and understand the RISE Return to Play Protocol on this page.
DURING TRAINING & GAMES
- For competitive practices, in order to reduce exposure, parents/guardians are not allowed on the training fields and should stay in their cars. If necessary to briefly enter the field, parents should be wearing a face covering at all times and stay social distanced (6 ft or more) from non-family members.
- Coaches will ensure that all players and coaches avoid “high fives,” handshakes, or other types of physical touching. Any type of physical contact between coaches, players and/or parents is not permitted.
- Coaches are to stay at least 6 feet away from all players at all times. Coaches are instructed to perform minimal contact drills in training until further notice.
- All RISE staff members and coaches will wear masks or face coverings on the field. Players can wear their own mask for on-field activities if they would like, but they are not required.
- The use of training bibs is not permitted until further notice.
- RISE Soccer Club will assign staff members to monitor fields and facilities, as well as ask any groups of parents or players to disperse and maintain appropriate distancing.
AFTER TRAINING & GAMES
- Players will be required to exit the fields only when dismissed by their Head Coach and through the designated exit.
- Players are encouraged to sanitize their hands with personal hand sanitizer after all on-field activities.
- Notify your Head Coach and Director immediately if your child exhibits any COVID-19 symptoms before or after attending a RISE event. After a COVID-19 diagnosis, the club requires a written clearance from a doctor prior to returning to training.