This program serves as a developmental bridge between the Rec Advanced and the Competitive Programs
Rise Jr. Academy: 2013 (U7) - 2012 (U8)
The RISE Youth Academy introduces players with their first experiences in competitive soccer. The RISE Youth Academy allows players, who excelled at the recreational level, to rapidly advance their technical skills along with like minded players under the watchful eyes of the RISE Competitive Coaching Staff. The Youth Academy matches determined players with elite coaches who are passionate about player development. Together this synergy will unleash a fun, yet challenging environment where players will learn and progress at a rapid rate. RISE Youth Academy players must demonstrate a steady commitment to training at all times to ensure proper development through consistent touches on the soccer ball and regular instruction from professional coaches. All players on RISE Youth Academy teams play in at least 50% of every game.
Rise Jr. Academy: 2010 (U9) - 2009 (U10)
This age group range is the final and most significant phase of the RISE Youth Academy before players enter the Competitive Program. RISE Youth Academy players in this age group range must demonstrate a level of commitment to training that exceeds that of the younger phases of the RISE Youth Academy. It is important to understand how our preparation fits into the greater player development pathway and philosophy at RISE. The purpose of training is to improve game performance; therefore, training activities must resemble the game and prepare our players for their games. The commitment of our players will help the RISE Coaching Staff ensure that players are developing appropriately within their peer groups and to establish an accurate trajectory toward their initial placement within the Competitive Program. All players on RISE Youth Academy. teams in these ages play at least 50% of every game. As players exit this phase of the Youth Academy Program, they will have developed a strong fundamental skill level, an understanding of our style of play, and the culture at RISE.
RISE Youth Academy Teams:
- Play in local leagues of the highest quality.
- Participate in one in-house tournament seasonally.
- Train two times per week following an age-appropriate, developmentally sound curriculum that is aimed at developing creative and technically sound players.
- Are formed according to player skill levels with player development as the priority.
- Do not require a commute for training sessions.
- Are coached by professionally licensed members of the RISE Competitive Coaching Staff.
- Require no travel for league play or tournaments outside of the greater Houston area.
- Low player-to-coach ratios.
- To further enhance player development in these critical ages, where developmentally appropriate we may:
- Have players and/or teams may play against older teams or genders.
- Have a variety of staff coaches work with teams in addition to your base coach. This is to put players and teams in situations where they get evaluated by more than one coach and are exposed to different coaching styles.
- Play games against other RISE teams, which allows our coaches to manipulate game environments to ensure teaching points from training sessions are carried out in games.